The average Truebill user saves $512 per year
Cancel subscriptions and take control of your money with Truebill
Truebill helps you track subscriptions, monitor for changes, and cancels unwanted bills. Download the app to get started.
How to cancel DIRECTV
Cancelling your subscription
To cancel your DirecTV subscription:
- Speak to a representative about canceling your subscription over the phone.
- Disconnect your DIRECTV equipment and make sure to disconnect all receivers and remotes and collect them together.
- Return your equipment to DIRECTV. When you cancel your service, DIRECTV will provide you with an equipment return kit and instructions on how to prepare your equipment for return. If DIRECTV hasn’t received your equipment within 21 days of cancellation, you will be charged an unreturned equipment fee. This fee ranges from $45 to $250, depending on the type of equipment you have.
- Click here
- Click on the grey ‘Start Chat’ button to chat
- Request a cancellation of service and proceed with the provided steps
To cancel over the phone, call: 1 (800) 531-5000